It’s been so long since I last posted a healthy recipe. That’s because I took a break from the gym and healthy choices. You know how people make new year’s resolutions to start going to the gym and change their diet? I’m the opposite, I never go to the gym in January and February because it’s too crowded. Luckily for me these resolutions don’t last too long 🙂 .
Anyway, back to the recipe… This is the simplest I ever did so far, I believe. Just a few ingredients and voilà, you get a candy packed with proteins, vitamins and minerals.
If you’d like, you may use dates instead of dried plums. You may also take two or three ingredients out if you want to simplify the recipe, that’s a matter of choice.
200g pumpkin seed
50g sunflower seed
200g soft dried pitted orchard plums
a few walnuts (these are optional)
2tsp almond butter
100g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- Soak all seeds along with the plums for an hour.
- Rinse and drain the mixture and blend together until combined (if you have a small food processor, divide the mixture into smaller portions and blend separately)
- Line 18cm x 18cm pan with parchment paper or foil then add the mixture and using a spoon push the edges to make level.
- Add the almond butter using a teaspoon.
- Melt the chocolate, pour it then tilt to spread the edges (or use a spoon instead).
- Put it in the fridge to set, then slice.